Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti, Italy, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Life

Hello everyone,
I've been receiving a lot of feedback recently to blog more often, and on a regular schedule. You're right. I need to, and thank you for the input. My apologies. My life during OND (Oct-Dec) was quite hectic with 3 major projects on my plate ... my job, my job search, and assisting a start-up company.

Good news! I'm currently on vacation before beginning my new job on Monday, and ... beginning a balanced life for 2010. As 'balanced' as life ever allows, that is! I will be focusing on only 3 things this year (see '2010: Plan v. Focus' entry) ... my job, my writing, and, well, the last one is personal.

In the spirit of preventing friends from having bad experiences and/or wasting their time and money, moving forward I plan to share experiences that I don't recommend in addition to those I've actually enjoyed.

This has been a rough beginning to the new year for many. A friend of mine, tragically, lost a dear friend of his. A girlfriend is battling a brain tumor for the 3rd time. Another friend just learned one of his major organs is failing. I'm sure each of you have similar situations around you. And, there's Haiti. I believe the piece for each of us to remember is through all of this, through everything life brings us, if we lean into each other, life is easier, and definitely better.

To help lighten your focus, here are a few upcoming entries that I hope will warm you up this winter:

- Haiti, a positive story straight from the source
- a fabulous new cookbook, and blog, that supports a town in Italy which suffered major devastation
- fun apps for your iPhone / smartphone / iPod Touch
- providential relationships
- straight from Venezuela, a new natural product to lose weight + an expert resource for advice on how to take better care for yourself naturally, organically, holistically
- experiencing Puerto Rico, locally
- illustrations, illuminations, and writings by a dear friend in Seattle
- and, some adventures straight from my personal "Life Will Do" list!

Wherever you are ... whatever is happening in your life ... in the words of a former boss of mine:

"Take care of business. Take care of your families. And take care of each other."

Life is short. We're here together.

No comments: