Thursday, January 21, 2010

Positive Influence of the Facebook Status

Yes, I have to admit, it can be a powerful tool ... the Facebook status.
(did I just say that?)

Despite being in an incredibly fantastic place in my life, despite having so many great things coming together, I have been feeling a bit down the past several days.

Then, I saw a friend's status this morning.

It was so upbeat, so positive, so happy, so full of life.

Not unusual for this friend.

What made today's status different is she's sitting at Sloan-Kettering Hospital being treated for a brain tumor.

It breaks my heart that she has this continuous battle. Continuous, because she is a 2x brain tumor survivor already.

Now, that's a survivor!

* * * * * * *

Her bravery, strength, and positive attitude inspire me.

And keeps me mindful of God's blessings in my life ~ pulling me from a self-centered focus on the, relatively speaking, little things which otherwise would rob me of the joy that I have from the many wonderful things happening in my own life.

Happiness is, after all, a choice of focus.

No comments: