Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rock Climbing & Trapeze Flying!

I'm going to have to wait a bit longer on the trapeze flying as my body was simply too exhausted this weekend.  I was quite disappointed as I have so been looking forward it.


However ...

Last weekend's indoor rock climbing was amazing!  The wall was both inviting and intimidating upon my arrival.  My stomach was in knots and my palms were sweating.  Oddly, once I was harnessed in, a familiar feeling came over me.  There's a certain amount of security that comes with the harness.

Happily, my experience climbing 'rocks' indoors was very different from outdoors.  When climbing outdoors, there's an added fear factor of never knowing what you're reaching your hand into or on.  Indoors, you know it's simply a rubber nob.  No potential lizard, snake, nor other ferociously biting animal.  

I have an entirely new respect for the rock climbers who hang from the underside of cliffs and formations.  Their strength, focus, determination, and lack of fear is impressive.  (Not to mention their incredibly in-shape bodies!)

My favorite part of the climb?  Sneaking in a swat drop on the way back down! 

No comments: